Monday, August 31, 2015

Recent experience on free upgrade to Windows 10

Recently, I applied the Windows free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Overall, the transition was smooth, I do not need to do anything during the upgrade process, just sit there and wait for the download and the installation run by itself, here is one of the screen shot I took during the upgrade.


After the upgrade, I faced the following issues :

1) Sound card is not working, driver shows it's working ok with no issue, but there is no sounds coming out of speaker, somehow it works again after I tried to download the Lenovo tools for the Windows 10 and/or play video with VideoLan. Not even sure how I solve it but the important thing is, it is working now.

2) Laptop freeze in the middle of usage, nothing responding, keyboard, mouse, even power button also not responding, but it get recovered automatically (it took quite a long time to do that , I suspect it is doing the hardisk index scan for corruption just like all previous Windows, only different is, now it is doing it all in the background) after the power off and power it on again.

Update on September 4, 2015
Windows 10 freezed again on while I am using Chrome to browse websites, same symtoms as previous experience, cannot respond to keyboard, power button, reset button and etc. Have to power off and turn it back on. After turn the power on, it display these 2 screens :




Laptop spec : Lenovo G470
RAM : Original is 2GB, upgraded to 6 GB
Processor : Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30GHz
64 bit

Checked on the Windows Event Logs, nothing suspecious, anyone have the same experience before? Want to share your opinions?

You can always contact me at via my website : www.weeprogramming.com



No comments:

Post a Comment